The Truth Israel doesn't want you to see
X98
2003-12-15 10:39:01 UTC
Peace,

I have removed the posters name because it was sent to me personally.

This post was sent to me referencing a file on our board. You will
need *Power Point* to view it. The file is horrifying... but true.
Only the children of TRUTH are brave enough look at it... and then act
on the voice within their hearts.

The Truth Israel doesn't want you to see
http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/AGrdPyAJZGE74RMVCghwHiswxxPvpouvOw1H_0-TVMpt6h9cYWzmJDgPnaRin3re1k4VEYX7tU4-C5C28O6Q/thetruth.pps

X98
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2003-12-15 22:26:36 UTC
Give it up. Howard Deans going to lose.
Bill Walker
2003-12-15 22:46:58 UTC
Why are you morons cross posting on this tx. moto newsgroup...
Een Wilde Ier
2003-12-15 22:52:07 UTC
...along with the rest of the world.
Michael O'Neill
2003-12-15 23:38:21 UTC
Post by NJ
Give it up. Howard Deans going to lose.
Signs of inteligence in Howard Dean - who'd want the Presidency after
Dubya has ruined it?

M.
Brian Walker
2003-12-16 02:01:44 UTC
Post by X98
Peace,
I have removed the posters name because it was sent to me personally.
Why? Because they're a frightened little pussy?
Post by X98
If you stick around you will see just how deep the rabbit hole goes.
Realize that Bush supports these people! What does that mean to us as
citizens of this nation? When the Jenin massacre took place the UN
called for an investigation which the Israelis and America refused to
allow, yet Iraq was attacked for supposedly not following the rulings
of the UN.
What are we to do?
Fight for our freedom that's what!
What's really funny about your ignorance is that you support David
Koresh and his cronies that died in that fire. His final address on
live radio was declaring his support for Israel...and they even flew a
"Star of David" flag from the roof of the compound days before it was
engulfed in fire.

And, Bush leans more toward the Palestine cause than Israel's...that's
why his policies are so controversal right now and why there's so much
turmoil in that region.
Post by X98
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Is that the sequel where Nemo loses his new name of "Shark Bait"
(hoo-ha-ha) and goes with a married name?
You sir are an idiot.
Charles Soto
2003-12-16 14:36:57 UTC
Post by Brian Walker
What's really funny about your ignorance is that you support David
Koresh and his cronies that died in that fire. His final address on
live radio was declaring his support for Israel...and they even flew a
"Star of David" flag from the roof of the compound days before it was
engulfed in fire.
Only because it's crackpot code for the "rapture." When will people
stop believing in that stupid little book and start thinking for
themselves?
Post by Brian Walker
And, Bush leans more toward the Palestine cause than Israel's...that's
why his policies are so controversal right now and why there's so much
turmoil in that region.
Really? Then why is it we're back where the Dayton Accords left off,
except missing some of the pro-Palestinean removal of settlements?

Charles
--
Charles Soto - Austin, TX *** 1999 GSF1200S, DoD No. "uno"

("Meepmeep" is "rr," as in "roadrunner.")
Oma
2003-12-17 18:10:36 UTC
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:36:57 GMT, Charles Soto
Post by Charles Soto
Post by Brian Walker
What's really funny about your ignorance is that you support David
Koresh and his cronies that died in that fire. His final address on
live radio was declaring his support for Israel...and they even flew a
"Star of David" flag from the roof of the compound days before it was
engulfed in fire.
Only because it's crackpot code for the "rapture." When will people
stop believing in that stupid little book and start thinking for
themselves?
Which "stupid little book" do you have in mind?
Post by Charles Soto
Post by Brian Walker
And, Bush leans more toward the Palestine cause than Israel's...that's
why his policies are so controversal right now and why there's so much
turmoil in that region.
Really? Then why is it we're back where the Dayton Accords left off,
except missing some of the pro-Palestinean removal of settlements?
Charles
Oma

Walk with many, follow The One.
(to email, change nospam to w000023)
Charles Soto
2003-12-18 14:31:24 UTC
Post by Charles Soto
Post by Brian Walker
What's really funny about your ignorance is that you support David
Koresh and his cronies that died in that fire. His final address on
live radio was declaring his support for Israel...and they even flew a
"Star of David" flag from the roof of the compound days before it was
engulfed in fire.
Only because it's crackpot code for the "rapture." When will people
stop believing in that stupid little book and start thinking for
themselves?
Which "stupid little book" do you have in mind?
Pretty much anything with the word "Holy" in it, but not followed by
"Cow" or "Moly."

Charles

Oma
2003-12-18 23:00:25 UTC
Post by Charles Soto
Post by Brian Walker
What's really funny about your ignorance is that you support David
Koresh and his cronies that died in that fire. His final address on
live radio was declaring his support for Israel...and they even flew a
"Star of David" flag from the roof of the compound days before it was
engulfed in fire.
Only because it's crackpot code for the "rapture." When will people
stop believing in that stupid little book and start thinking for
themselves?
Which "stupid little book" do you have in mind?
Pretty much anything with the word "Holy" in it, but not followed by
"Cow" or "Moly."
Charles
There's actually some pretty good stuff in the Bible. Ya got's to be
real careful, though. People do some pretty weird things with it.

It's kind of like motorcycles (for the topic police, you know?). The
bikes aren't stupid, but folks can do some pretty stupid stuff with
them. First hand experience talking here.

Charles Soto
2003-12-19 22:52:25 UTC
Post by Charles Soto
Post by Brian Walker
[...]
Well, pretty much, if you follow ANY religion, then you've given up
rational thought...

Same goes for owning a Harley :)

Charles

cassandras morgan mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges
2003-12-19 23:28:08 UTC
Post by Charles Soto
Post by Oma
It's kind of like motorcycles (for the topic police, you know?). The
bikes aren't stupid, but folks can do some pretty stupid stuff with
them. First hand experience talking here.
Well, pretty much, if you follow ANY religion, then you've given up
rational thought...
rational thought is overrated

like texas
Oma
2003-12-20 18:42:05 UTC
Post by cassandras morgan mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges
Post by Charles Soto
Post by Oma
It's kind of like motorcycles (for the topic police, you know?). The
bikes aren't stupid, but folks can do some pretty stupid stuff with
them. First hand experience talking here.
Well, pretty much, if you follow ANY religion, then you've given up
rational thought...
rational thought is overrated
But it is hard to argue against.
Post by cassandras morgan mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges
like texas
I ain't even going to touch that one.

Oma
2003-12-20 18:42:02 UTC
Post by Charles Soto
Post by Brian Walker
[...]
Oh my. Depending on how you define religion, I'd really have to
disagree with this. Lots of folks who've never given sustained,
persistent rational thought to religion voice similar opinions as
yours. I'm not saying there aren't lots of folks who've signed on to a
particular religion and never thought through any of it.

I'm guessing you haven't studied the works of such folks as Desiderius
Erasmus, Soren Kierkegaard, Rudolf Bultmann, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Karl
Barth, Emil Brunner, Paul Tillich, Charles Harteshorne, Jimmy Carter,
Clarence Jordan, G. K. Chesterton, C. S. Lewis, John Dominic Crossan,
Dorothy Day, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Jacques Ellul, Vernard Eller, Gregory
Boyd, Stanley Hauerwas, John Hick, Hans Kung, Martin Marty, Jonathan
Edwards, Herman Melville, Malcolm Muggeridge, H. Richard Niebuhr,
Rheinhold Niebuhr, Rudolf Otto, Elaine Pagels, Kyle Pasewark, John
Polkinghorne, Albert Schweitzer, Albert Einstein, Tolstoy, Elie
Wiesel, John Howard Yoder, Martin Luther King, Jr., or a host of
others.

Hmmmm. You've sounded very intelligent in other posts. Perhaps I am
not accounting for your possible exaggeration here.

Or maybe, for your own reasons, you're just focusing on some easy
targets you've come across.

Or maybe you're just yanking my chain. :)
Post by Charles Soto
Same goes for owning a Harley :)
Charles
:)

Charles Soto
2003-12-22 15:10:15 UTC
Post by Oma
Post by Charles Soto
Well, pretty much, if you follow ANY religion, then you've given up
rational thought...
Oh my. Depending on how you define religion, I'd really have to
disagree with this. Lots of folks who've never given sustained,
persistent rational thought to religion voice similar opinions as
yours. I'm not saying there aren't lots of folks who've signed on to a
particular religion and never thought through any of it.
If you believe in some "invisible person(s)" who guides everything we
do, created the Universe, passes judgement on you after you die, or even
that you continue to exist in some fashion after you die (besides as
fertilizer), then you've given up rational thought. Why is it that
people who worship the Greek gods are seen as crackpots, when their
belief in multiple deities is no less whacko than the belief in a
single, omnipotent one?
Post by Oma
I'm guessing you haven't studied the works of such folks as Desiderius
Erasmus, Soren Kierkegaard, Rudolf Bultmann, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Karl
Barth, Emil Brunner, Paul Tillich, Charles Harteshorne, Jimmy Carter,
Clarence Jordan, G. K. Chesterton, C. S. Lewis, John Dominic Crossan,
Dorothy Day, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Jacques Ellul, Vernard Eller, Gregory
Boyd, Stanley Hauerwas, John Hick, Hans Kung, Martin Marty, Jonathan
Edwards, Herman Melville, Malcolm Muggeridge, H. Richard Niebuhr,
Rheinhold Niebuhr, Rudolf Otto, Elaine Pagels, Kyle Pasewark, John
Polkinghorne, Albert Schweitzer, Albert Einstein, Tolstoy, Elie
Wiesel, John Howard Yoder, Martin Luther King, Jr., or a host of
others.
All humans, and therefore, all subject to irrational thought. I still
can't get over some vague sense of a "supreme being," but then again,
sometimes I think the fresh vegetables are having a party in my crisper
after I shut the fridge door. Doesn't make my belief in irrational
things any more valid.
Post by Oma
Hmmmm. You've sounded very intelligent in other posts. Perhaps I am
not accounting for your possible exaggeration here.
Nope. Not exaggeration by any standpoint. However, yes, I was lumping
the Jewish "religions" (Judaism, Christianity, Islam, etc.) together.
There are some other quasi-religious philosophies that don't necessarily
apply (but are equally irrational at some level).
Post by Oma
Or maybe, for your own reasons, you're just focusing on some easy
targets you've come across.
It's hard to avoid these targets. The thick-headed amongst us are
trying to force their ridiculous superstitions on the populace at every
opportunity. Texas has a fricken' "minute of silence" law today. We're
just this short of a theocracy, and the plebes are swallowing it whole.
Post by Oma
Or maybe you're just yanking my chain. :)
Wel, duh. New here?

Charles

2003-12-22 15:28:12 UTC
Post by Charles Soto
If you believe in some "invisible person(s)" who guides everything we
do, created the Universe, passes judgement on you after you die, or even
sorry kiddo
but youre not using a fair definition of -rational-
youre using to mean anybody who agrees with it
rather than proceeding from a base of assumptions with logical arguments

sorry kiddo
but everyone has to make assumptions about the world
which cannot be proven
even you
(oh and are you going to make lame statements
about standing in front of cars now?)

youve got no foundation from which to prove or disprove
the existence or nonexistence of deities
the objective reality of the universe
whether you have body or youre just a brain in a bottle
or even whether youre anything more than a subroutine
on some kids artificial rality program on a trs80

what youre using -rational- to mean
is whether i agree with your assumptions
not on whether i proceed in logical fashion from my own assumption

intellectually you are on the same level as a bible thumping preacher
who knows what the absolute truth is beyond all possible doubt
and therefore you have the right to attack and denigrate all who disagree

hallejuah
testify brother
Post by Charles Soto
that you continue to exist in some fashion after you die (besides as
fertilizer), then you've given up rational thought. Why is it that
people who worship the Greek gods are seen as crackpots, when their
what if i dont see them as crackpots
why not chose a polytheism from the modern world
like hindu or asatru
what if i dont see them as crackpots either

finally kiddo
rationality is overrated
rational thought is tool not an end in itself
its purpose to acquire that which feeds and delights the mind or body

and there is nothing rational about walks in rain
or listening to rock
or laying in bed of clover and seeing mountains of cloud come out of the sky
Post by Charles Soto
after I shut the fridge door. Doesn't make my belief in irrational
things any more valid.
belief is valid if you belief

youre confusing metalevels of statements and statements about statements
your logic is sloppy and unprofessional
youre irrational
Post by Charles Soto
It's hard to avoid these targets. The thick-headed amongst us are
trying to force their ridiculous superstitions on the populace at every
opportunity. Texas has a fricken' "minute of silence" law today. We're
just this short of a theocracy, and the plebes are swallowing it whole.
youre confusing different issues
and alienating potential allies
youre lousy politician

if you bothered to opened your eyes
you might discover some of those fighting the hardest for religion freedom
are religious themselves

you might also bother reading the gospel
and then you could have scripture citations
that condemn establishing christianity
that condemn preaching to people who dont want to hear it
Oma
2003-12-22 17:31:15 UTC
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:10:15 GMT, Charles Soto
Post by Charles Soto
Post by Oma
Post by Charles Soto
Well, pretty much, if you follow ANY religion, then you've given up
rational thought...
Oh my. Depending on how you define religion, I'd really have to
disagree with this. Lots of folks who've never given sustained,
persistent rational thought to religion voice similar opinions as
yours. I'm not saying there aren't lots of folks who've signed on to a
particular religion and never thought through any of it.
If you believe in some "invisible person(s)" who guides everything we
do, created the Universe, passes judgement on you after you die, or even
that you continue to exist in some fashion after you die (besides as
fertilizer), then you've given up rational thought. Why is it that
people who worship the Greek gods are seen as crackpots, when their
belief in multiple deities is no less whacko than the belief in a
single, omnipotent one?
It sounds to me like your understanding of what constitutes religon is
very limited. I know this approach makes it easy to just chunk it all
without much serious thought and that you're perfectly free to do
that.
Post by Charles Soto
Post by Oma
[...]
I believe your statement was that to the effect that followers of any
relgion had given up rational thought. It sounds to me like you may
have rejected some very juvenile ideas of god and religion (and
rightfully so, in my opinion). It also sounds to me like you have not
seriously listened to other views. Again, I realize you are under no
compulsion to do so if you are not so inclined. I'm just wanting to
let you know there are some very interesting and very rewarding
alternate perspectives out there. You appear to be throwing rocks
into a shallow stream. I'd challenge you to wade into some deeper
water.
Post by Charles Soto
Post by Oma
Hmmmm. You've sounded very intelligent in other posts. Perhaps I am
not accounting for your possible exaggeration here.
Nope. Not exaggeration by any standpoint. However, yes, I was lumping
the Jewish "religions" (Judaism, Christianity, Islam, etc.) together.
There are some other quasi-religious philosophies that don't necessarily
apply (but are equally irrational at some level).
Perhaps my difficulty then is not with the exaggeration so much as
with the narrowness of the field of vision.

Seems to me that another part of the problem is that there ARE aspects
of reality that are not subject rational thought. The "Enlightenment
Era" went a long way to overthrow the tyrannical employment of
superstition and ignorance. The tyranny of the rational is not
proving much better.
Post by Charles Soto
Post by Oma
Or maybe, for your own reasons, you're just focusing on some easy
targets you've come across.
It's hard to avoid these targets.
Yeah, I can appreciate that. (Way more personal history there than you
want to know.) It's very much like target fixation when we're riding.
When we fixate on what we're wanting to avoid we unwittingly decrease
the chances of doing so.
Post by Charles Soto
The thick-headed amongst us are
trying to force their ridiculous superstitions on the populace at every
opportunity. Texas has a fricken' "minute of silence" law today. We're
just this short of a theocracy, and the plebes are swallowing it whole.
Yeah. It's pretty ugly. But it is not just the superstitious that
like to (or feel compelled to?) dominate others. I think it is less a
superstition issue and more a power issue.

I'm with you on the "minute of silence" thing. How stupid.
Post by Charles Soto
Post by Oma
Or maybe you're just yanking my chain. :)
Wel, duh. New here?
Just needed to publicly acknowledge the possibility. :)

Charles Soto
2003-12-22 20:52:36 UTC
Post by Oma
Seems to me that another part of the problem is that there ARE aspects
of reality that are not subject rational thought. The "Enlightenment
Era" went a long way to overthrow the tyrannical employment of
superstition and ignorance. The tyranny of the rational is not
proving much better.
Tyranny is the fruit of the tyrannical. Whether they use religion to
impose their will (as is all too frequent in these parts), or some other
"ism," is pretty irrelevant, except possibly the extent - religious
crusades have a habit of causing widespread destruction.
Post by Oma
Yeah. It's pretty ugly. But it is not just the superstitious that
like to (or feel compelled to?) dominate others. I think it is less a
superstition issue and more a power issue.
Agreed. As I said above, it's simply superstition that people are using
to push their agenda. Religion is a tool to control the irrational mind.

Charles

Oma
2003-12-30 18:45:36 UTC
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 20:52:36 GMT, Charles Soto
Post by Charles Soto
Post by Oma
Seems to me that another part of the problem is that there ARE aspects
of reality that are not subject rational thought. The "Enlightenment
Era" went a long way to overthrow the tyrannical employment of
superstition and ignorance. The tyranny of the rational is not
proving much better.
Tyranny is the fruit of the tyrannical. Whether they use religion to
impose their will (as is all too frequent in these parts), or some other
"ism," is pretty irrelevant, except possibly the extent - religious
crusades have a habit of causing widespread destruction.
Agreed.
Post by Charles Soto
Post by Oma
Yeah. It's pretty ugly. But it is not just the superstitious that
like to (or feel compelled to?) dominate others. I think it is less a
superstition issue and more a power issue.
Agreed. As I said above, it's simply superstition that people are using
to push their agenda. Religion is a tool to control the irrational mind.
Charles
Again, I agree. But religion is not all they are using and that's not
all religion is or does. It is a costly error to reduce anything to
just what abusers do with it.

Are you in general agreement with the idea that relgion is the opiate
of the masses?

J. Slater
Oma
2004-01-01 16:14:52 UTC
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 23:26:02 GMT, "J. Slater"
Post by J. Slater
It (religion) has it's opiate qualities, but the real opiate is 'food and
circus'. Without the latter, religion isn't a very effective narcotic.
Keeping the people fed and entertained -- yup. That goes a long way
towards keeping the people pacified.

But for that to be really effective in keeping conscienced people
passive, there must be another element in play -- an overwhelming
sense of futility.

<remainder of previous posts snipped>

Oma
2003-12-22 23:51:45 UTC
Post by Charles Soto
Post by Brian Walker
[...]
How could I have failed to mention one of my favorites -- J. R. R.
Tolkien!!
Waco
2003-12-23 02:18:14 UTC
"Oma" <***@airmail.net> wrote in message news:***@4ax.com...
<snip>
Post by Oma
How could I have failed to mention one of my favorites -- J. R. R.
Tolkien!!
You bastard! Frodo lives!
--
Waco NTXNS
'03 FLSTSI - "BlingBling" (The rare pigs reign)
Charles Soto
2003-12-23 14:10:44 UTC
Post by Oma
How could I have failed to mention one of my favorites -- J. R. R.
Tolkien!!
Um. The others are getting so much press lately? :)

Charles

J. Slater
2003-12-30 15:35:08 UTC
Charles, Interesting that you claim to despise religion, but you belong to a
secretive religious organization, Freemasons.

My grandfather was (passed on, and I have his COOL ring) a 33rd in San
Antonio. It's definitely a religion by his own admission. Care to elaborate?
Oma
2003-12-30 18:45:39 UTC
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:35:08 GMT, "J. Slater"
Post by J. Slater
Charles, Interesting that you claim to despise religion, but you belong to a
secretive religious organization, Freemasons.
Excuse me, did I miss something? How did you determine that Mr. Soto
is a Freemason?
J. Slater
2003-12-30 23:24:21 UTC
He mentioned it in a post about a week ago. Don't have it archived on this
computer. Do a search and you might find it.

Or Better yet, Charles could respond.

Peace out.
Brian Walker
2003-12-31 02:53:27 UTC
Post by J. Slater
He mentioned it in a post about a week ago. Don't have it archived on this
computer. Do a search and you might find it.
Or Better yet, Charles could respond.
Is this what you're talking about?
Post by J. Slater
What in the bloody blue hell caused you to crosspost this to, of all things,
a.f.tolkien???
(Just FYI, I _AM_ a Freemason!)
One ring, to rule them all?
Charles
That wasn't Charles saying he was a Mason. That was another person.
Charles was responding to the Lord of the Rings mention (if I read
this correctly...).
Charles Soto
2004-01-01 21:26:47 UTC
Post by J. Slater
He mentioned it in a post about a week ago. Don't have it archived on this
computer. Do a search and you might find it.
Or Better yet, Charles could respond.
Peace out.
Learn to use Google, dipshit.

Charles
("If I'm gonna die for a word, my word is poontang." -Animal Mother)

J. Slater
Brian Walker
2003-12-30 23:31:44 UTC
Post by J. Slater
Charles, Interesting that you claim to despise religion, but you belong to a
secretive religious organization, Freemasons.
Actually, there's nothing secret or religious about AF&AM
(Freemasonry). There are signs on many city limits to let everyone
know where they are and how to find them. There are many, many symbols
and plaques on many buildings showing their markings. They have many
of their own hospitals, nursing homes, retirement communities and
children homes with their name on them.

To practice religion in a masonic blue lodge, shriner's temple,
yorkrite lodge, scottish rite temple (or the many other lodges/temples
associated with masonic rites) will have you kicked out on your
butt...as well as you'll get nothing from it religiously.

Another thing that can't be practiced in masonic work is politics.
Post by J. Slater
My grandfather was (passed on, and I have his COOL ring) a 33rd in San
Antonio. It's definitely a religion by his own admission. Care to elaborate?
See the above.

I will say this much though, "33rd degree" is not referring to someone
being a Mason in a AF&AM lodge. It's also not a degree that can be
bought or worked toward.
J. Slater
2003-12-31 00:06:25 UTC
Post by Brian Walker
Post by J. Slater
Charles, Interesting that you claim to despise religion, but you belong to a
secretive religious organization, Freemasons.
Actually, there's nothing secret or religious about AF&AM
(Freemasonry). There are signs on many city limits to let everyone
know where they are and how to find them. There are many, many symbols
and plaques on many buildings showing their markings. They have many
of their own hospitals, nursing homes, retirement communities and
children homes with their name on them.
I beg to differ... the oath that one must take is (paraphrased) to leave
their beliefs of whomever at the door of the lodge. The altar (and this is
not a what?) is supposed to represent all religions. Fact is, it's a new
religion.
Post by Brian Walker
To practice religion in a masonic blue lodge, shriner's temple,
yorkrite lodge, scottish rite temple (or the many other lodges/temples
associated with masonic rites) will have you kicked out on your
butt...as well as you'll get nothing from it religiously.
Yep, to practice your own religion will get you booted.
Post by Brian Walker
Another thing that can't be practiced in masonic work is politics.
Umm. No. It's all about "scratch my back and I'll scratch yours." Politics
IS part of it, regardless what is said. Tell me how many presidents of the
USA were NOT masons... Politics is a BIG deal for the Mason, regardless of
the "official" policy.
Post by Brian Walker
I will say this much though, "33rd degree" is not referring to someone
being a Mason in a AF&AM lodge. It's also not a degree that can be
bought or worked toward.
I don't claim to know, understand, (or even care) the inner workings of the
Freemasons, but I do know that it is secretive and you are proving my point
with your vague and erroneous statements.

Brian, are you a Freemason?

Peace out.
Brian Walker
2003-12-31 15:16:28 UTC
Post by J. Slater
Post by Brian Walker
Post by J. Slater
secretive religious organization, Freemasons.
Actually, there's nothing secret or religious about AF&AM
(Freemasonry). There are signs on many city limits to let everyone
know where they are and how to find them. There are many, many symbols
and plaques on many buildings showing their markings. They have many
of their own hospitals, nursing homes, retirement communities and
children homes with their name on them.
I beg to differ... the oath that one must take is (paraphrased) to leave
their beliefs of whomever at the door of the lodge. The altar (and this is
not a what?) is supposed to represent all religions. Fact is, it's a new
religion.
I don't know who/where you got that information from, but you don't
know just how wrong you are. What it sounds like is some sort of
clandestine lodge and not a Masonic lodge associated with AF&AM.
Post by J. Slater
Post by Brian Walker
To practice religion in a masonic blue lodge, shriner's temple,
yorkrite lodge, scottish rite temple (or the many other lodges/temples
associated with masonic rites) will have you kicked out on your
butt...as well as you'll get nothing from it religiously.
Yep, to practice your own religion will get you booted.
I don't know where you got your information from, but I can assure you
it's wrong.
Post by J. Slater
Post by Brian Walker
Another thing that can't be practiced in masonic work is politics.
Umm. No. It's all about "scratch my back and I'll scratch yours." Politics
IS part of it, regardless what is said. Tell me how many presidents of the
USA were NOT masons...
I only know of 3. One of those was only President because the sitting
President resigned, the Vice President wasn't there and he was next in
line as Secretary.

Out of 40 some-odd others, it doesn't sound like Masonic membership
has that sort of "priviledges".
Post by J. Slater
Politics is a BIG deal for the Mason, regardless of
the "official" policy.
You don't know what you're talking about. Most Masons will vote
against someone they feel is using their membership for political
gain. I know I do and I also know of many others (the one who taught
me my work for one) who will also.
Post by J. Slater
Post by Brian Walker
I will say this much though, "33rd degree" is not referring to someone
being a Mason in a AF&AM lodge. It's also not a degree that can be
bought or worked toward.
I don't claim to know, understand, (or even care) the inner workings of the
Freemasons,
Then why are we discussing this?
Post by J. Slater
but I do know that it is secretive and you are proving my point
with your vague and erroneous statements.
I don't know what you consider "vague", but it's not up to me to teach
you everything there is to know about Masonic work in a newsgroup. I
tried to clear up your misguided and myths you hold about the
fraternity. If you believe it to be "vague" then perhaps I don't
understand what it is that you want to know. Every single word uttered
in a lodge in ceremony is in the library in Washington DC. Many
ceremonies are performed in public. Most lodges will invite
non-members into their lodge to join in on ceremonies which help
acknowledge/bestow special members. Their signs are all over the place
pointing the public to their lodges. They're in the Yellow Pages and
even now on the internet for crying out loud. Members have their logos
on vehicles, bumper stickers, rings, belt buckles, stationary and even
some yard signs. Where's their secrets? By your standards, I'm
guessing you believe Sears and Dillards to be secretive organizations
too?
Post by J. Slater
Brian, are you a Freemason?
Yes, I am. But, it wouldn't make a difference one way or the
other...you're not and therefore not qualified to discuss this topic.
Gary L. Burnore
2003-12-31 15:34:49 UTC
Post by Brian Walker
Post by J. Slater
Brian, are you a Freemason?
Yes, I am. But, it wouldn't make a difference one way or the
other.
Sure it does, dip.
Post by Brian Walker
..you're not and therefore not qualified to discuss this topic.
heh. Typical.
--
gburnore at DataBasix dot Com
How you look depends on where you go.
| ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
Official .sig, Accept no substitutes. | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
| ÝÛ 0 1 7 2 3 / Ý³Þ 3 7 4 9 3 0 Û³
Black Helicopter Repair Services, Ltd.| Official Proof of Purchase
Brian Walker
2003-12-31 21:38:33 UTC
Post by Gary L. Burnore
Post by Brian Walker
..you're not and therefore not qualified to discuss this topic.
heh. Typical.
"Poor little Gary got his ass spanked on the playground and now he
wants to pout and throw tantrums"

Trust me, everyone here knows why you're posting this. All you're
doing is just making yourself look even more like a buffoon.
J. Slater
Brian Walker
2004-01-03 23:05:07 UTC
Post by J. Slater
If the membership of your AF&AM (or whatever the fuck) lodge are as 'nice'
as you, please stay secret.
That's about what I thought. First you pipe in here quoting your myths
and opinions as being fact about an organization you have no idea
about, then when it's pointed out how little you actually know about
it you insult.

BTW, if you knew ANYTHING about Masonic work or what it is you'd at
least know what AF&AM stood for. Next time you insist on claiming you
know about an organization, please be sure to learn how it's
identified.
Post by J. Slater
I wouldn't want to belong to such a piss-ant
organization.
Okay, and that affects me how? I wasn't trying to get you (or anyone
else) to become a member. I was only correcting your many inaccuracies
and myths about an organization you have no idea about.
J. Slater

Brian Walker
2004-01-05 02:58:32 UTC
Post by J. Slater
AF=American Fags
AM= American Motherfukers
Am I right?
Must be nice to think of your Grandfather in such a way...I'm sure he'd be proud.
Gary L. Burnore
2004-01-03 17:44:43 UTC
Post by Brian Walker
Post by Gary L. Burnore
Post by Brian Walker
..you're not and therefore not qualified to discuss this topic.
heh. Typical.
"Poor little Gary got his ass spanked on the playground and now he
wants to pout and throw tantrums"
That your excuse? Looks more to me like you're so insecure about your
religion that you can't discuss it with someone who has legitimate
questions about it.

That's pretty fucking lame in my book. If you can't defend your
religion or discuss it with someone who isn't already a believer in
it, then it's not much of a religion.

In this case, it's that you don't know HOW to defend it.
Brian Walker
2004-01-03 23:15:44 UTC
Post by Gary L. Burnore
Post by Brian Walker
Post by Gary L. Burnore
Post by Brian Walker
..you're not and therefore not qualified to discuss this topic.
heh. Typical.
"Poor little Gary got his ass spanked on the playground and now he
wants to pout and throw tantrums"
That your excuse? Looks more to me like you're so insecure about your
religion that you can't discuss it with someone who has legitimate
questions about it.
That's pretty fucking lame in my book. If you can't defend your
religion or discuss it with someone who isn't already a believer in
it, then it's not much of a religion.
In this case, it's that you don't know HOW to defend it.
You sir are STILL a joke.

You still can't seem to comprehend your reading...either that, or you
just can't read. Not one single time did I discuss religion or was a
question asked about Freemasonry which wasn't answered.

You got your ass spanked in reeky and tx.motorcycles, do you really
want to have your ass spanked some more on these other groups?

Oh, and your book doesn't hold weight. Someone would have to care
about you as a person to care about your "book"...and I don't see a
long line of anyone who fits that.
Morgan Kane
2004-01-04 01:58:51 UTC
Post by Gary L. Burnore
Post by Brian Walker
Post by Gary L. Burnore
Post by Brian Walker
..you're not and therefore not qualified to discuss this topic.
heh. Typical.
"Poor little Gary got his ass spanked on the playground and now he
wants to pout and throw tantrums"
That your excuse? Looks more to me like you're so insecure about your
religion that you can't discuss it with someone who has legitimate
questions about it.
That's pretty fucking lame in my book. If you can't defend your
religion or discuss it with someone who isn't already a believer in
it, then it's not much of a religion.
In this case, it's that you don't know HOW to defend it.
Ha, funny how Brian is always involved in the flame wars.

He must be a very stable and secure person.
Brian Walker
Did you say something?
Gary L. Burnore
2003-12-31 02:39:21 UTC
Post by Brian Walker
Post by J. Slater
Charles, Interesting that you claim to despise religion, but you belong to a
secretive religious organization, Freemasons.
Actually, there's nothing secret or religious about AF&AM
(Freemasonry). There are signs on many city limits to let everyone
know where they are and how to find them. There are many, many symbols
and plaques on many buildings showing their markings. They have many
of their own hospitals, nursing homes, retirement communities and
children homes with their name on them.
You really are this stupid, aren't you? Most people with a working
brain would know what the word secret means in the context used. You,
on the other hand, can't figure it out.
Charles Soto
2004-01-01 21:23:53 UTC
Post by J. Slater
Charles, Interesting that you claim to despise religion, but you belong to a
secretive religious organization, Freemasons.
My grandfather was (passed on, and I have his COOL ring) a 33rd in San
Antonio. It's definitely a religion by his own admission. Care to elaborate?
I'm a mason? Cool! Maybe I can finally fix that damn crack in the
brick facade out front...

Charles

Gary L. Burnore
2004-01-02 15:05:51 UTC
On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 21:23:53 GMT, Charles Soto
Post by Charles Soto
Post by J. Slater
Charles, Interesting that you claim to despise religion, but you belong to a
secretive religious organization, Freemasons.
My grandfather was (passed on, and I have his COOL ring) a 33rd in San
Antonio. It's definitely a religion by his own admission. Care to elaborate?
I'm a mason? Cool! Maybe I can finally fix that damn crack in the
brick facade out front...
Yeah and I could use a new fireplace. Get crackin, Charles.